You are here: Home » 
« back

10x3 mm ferrite magnet, up to 250°C

[Name1URL]
[Name2URL]

10x3 mm Ferrite disc magnet.

Ferrite magnets are well suited for outside use (rust-resistant). They are weaker than neodymium magnets but can take heat up to 250°C. Ferrite magnets are an inexpensive alternative to neodymium magnets when the temperature is high or appearance does not matter.

Fine cracks and partially uneven edges are production-related material properties and do not compromise the usability of the magnet.

 

Technical specifications

Model FE-SA-10x3
Shape/model Disc
Diameter (D) 10 mm
Height (H) 3 mm
Tolerances +/-0,1 mm
Material Ferrite
Magnetization/Grade Y35
Magnetization direction axial
Coating no coating
Adhesion approx. 200 g
Weight 1.1 g
Max. operating temperature 250°C

The power of our neodymium magnets is not to be underestimated. Even the smallest in size are very powerful. There are various areas in which our magnets can be used. The following are the main areas of application: industry, solid-state technology (Hall sensor technology), workshop and craftsmanship, model making, office and warehouse, school and university, as well as in handicrafts and games. Corporate customers, public authorities and institutions can conveniently order on account. We offer great rates for ordering large quantities of our products - please contact us for further information. We are pleased to accept orders by email or fax. For general questions or requests please email us at info@mtsmagnete.de or send a fax to +49-771/92941476.

Precautions

Hard disks, EC cards and electronic devices such as TVs, monitors, clocks and watches are prone to strong magnetic fields. This leads to data loss and damage. Please keep a safety distance of min. 1 meter. Magnets must not be placed near meters, e.g. gas meters.

Magnets may affect negatively on cardiac pacemakers. Please keep a distance!

Magnets must not be filed, sawn or bored through.

Magnets should be handled with caution. Crushing hazard! Magnets may splinter when hitting the ground. For your own safety please wear protective gloves and glasses.

Magnets are not suitable for children. Please make sure to keep magnets out of reach of children.

Further Precautions

Strong Magnets are not suitable for children. Please make sure to keep magnets out of reach of children. Special caution is required with small magnets: Choking hazard! Children may only use magnets under parental supervision. As a general rule: Please leave magnets never unattended. People who do not know about the magnetic force and its hazards may get injured.

Hazard of splintering

Neodymium Magnets may fall apart or splinter when they collide. Those splinters are sharp-edged and therefore dangerous. Please wear protective gloves and glasses when handling magnets. Protective gloves do not protect against contusions - Do not underestimate this hazard! When magnets attract each other, an enormous force arises – you may hurt your fingers if they are in between the magnets.

Never test magnets on body parts (e.g. ear)!

Electronic Devices

NdFeB magnets have a strong magnetic force. Therefore it is very important to keep a safety distance between magnets and objects, e.g. monitors, TVs, data storage devices and hard disks (i.e. computers), video and music tapes, credit cards, floppy discs, clocks and watches, speakers and deaf aids. Please keep magnets away from cardiac pacemakers! Caution: Danger of life!

No treatment of magnets

Magnets must not be drilled or sawn! Magnets would shatter and the generated dust is extremely flammable. Please keep also a distance to open fire – Neodymium magnets lose power at a certain temperature range.

Surface Structure

There is always a certain abrasion of surface coating. The repeated collision may lead to splintering. Please store magnets wrapped in paper in boxes in order to protect the coating.

Impact on Human Health

The impact/ reaction of magnets to the human body is highly controversial. There are no studies which reveal whether the impact of magnets is salutary or harmful. Therefore we advise you to store magnets at a distance and please make sure that you are not constantly near magnets.

Allergy

Some of our magnets have a nickel-plated coating. It is well known that permanent contact with Nickel may cause an allergy. If you have a nickel-allergy, please do not touch the magnets because it is not quite known how much of the contact leads to an allergy. To be sure, please avoid constant contact and wear gloves.