Hard disks, EC cards and electronic devices such as TVs, monitors, clocks and watches are prone to strong magnetic fields. This leads to data loss and damage. Please keep a safety distance of min. 1 meter. Magnets must not be placed near meters, e.g. gas meters.
Magnets may affect negatively on cardiac pacemakers. Please keep a distance!
Magnets must not be filed, sawn or bored through.
Magnets should be handled with caution. Crushing hazard! Magnets may splinter when hitting the ground. For your own safety please wear protective gloves and glasses.
Magnets are not suitable for children. Please make sure to keep magnets out of reach of children.
Strong Magnets are not suitable for children. Please make sure to keep magnets out of reach of children. Special caution is required with small magnets: Choking hazard! Children may only use magnets under parental supervision. As a general rule: Please leave magnets never unattended. People who do not know about the magnetic force and its hazards may get injured.
Hazard of splintering
Neodymium Magnets may fall apart or splinter when they collide. Those splinters are sharp-edged and therefore dangerous. Please wear protective gloves and glasses when handling magnets. Protective gloves do not protect against contusions - Do not underestimate this hazard! When magnets attract each other, an enormous force arises – you may hurt your fingers if they are in between the magnets.
Never test magnets on body parts (e.g. ear)!
NdFeB magnets have a strong magnetic force. Therefore it is very important to keep a safety distance between magnets and objects, e.g. monitors, TVs, data storage devices and hard disks (i.e. computers), video and music tapes, credit cards, floppy discs, clocks and watches, speakers and deaf aids. Please keep magnets away from cardiac pacemakers! Caution: Danger of life!
No treatment of magnets
Magnets must not be drilled or sawn! Magnets would shatter and the generated dust is extremely flammable. Please keep also a distance to open fire – Neodymium magnets lose power at a certain temperature range.
There is always a certain abrasion of surface coating. The repeated collision may lead to splintering. Please store magnets wrapped in paper in boxes in order to protect the coating.
Impact on Human Health
The impact/ reaction of magnets to the human body is highly controversial. There are no studies which reveal whether the impact of magnets is salutary or harmful. Therefore we advise you to store magnets at a distance and please make sure that you are not constantly near magnets.
Some of our magnets have a nickel-plated coating. It is well known that permanent contact with Nickel may cause an allergy. If you have a nickel-allergy, please do not touch the magnets because it is not quite known how much of the contact leads to an allergy. To be sure, please avoid constant contact and wear gloves.